Wednesday 19 March 2008

Male poses, SL frustrations and the virtual world's greatest fireplaces


Nothing like an eclectic title, eh?

Not a unique phenomenon I guess, those 'bad SL days'. Or weeks. But take a blend of lots to do (self-inflicted and try to remeber this is a hobby, Ari), prims that refuse to play the game, textures likewise, poseballs... see later..., and people doing weirder things than normal. Result? A grumpier, less motivated version of me.

And low sales don't help - or lower than usual anyway. Let's be honest about this... I'm not in it for the money or I'd be making totally amazing designer clothes instead of furniture and decor, but it would be nice to cover the rent. Still not exactly doing the world's greatest marketing campaign either because I got carried away dismantling a chunk of my house - on purpose may I add - and improving it. One needs a glamorous setting for those Barbie moments, n'est-ce pas? And still doing those, so clearly all is not lost. Quite. Yet.




However, I took some more photos of stuff I've done for friends (and then put on sale - at least I had enough wits to do that). See the pretty!

And before I run out of things to whinge about, is it me, or are most 'male seated' animations not very, y'know, male? Sure there are a few, but the price of the - albeit excellent - copiable ones is making me blink, since the odds of me selling enough pieces to even break even is somewhat remote. See, I have a friend who wants a multi-anim seat for men, and so far she's shaking her head at the freebie and cheapo ones I have and sighing."But Ari, men just don't sit like that". And she's right. My virtual feet are aching with traipsing through animation stores.

And why yes, this is quite possibly a weak excuse to get some nice, new, shiny, comfy, ridiculously high stilettos. Which is one of those little perks of SL, no?

Maybe I don't have the blues that badly after all..










No comments: