Monday, 31 March 2008
Wednesday, 19 March 2008
Tuesday, 11 March 2008
- Didn't figure out links to send people to my store or to OnRez (for the day that my readership soars from zero to millions. Hah).
Edited to add: http://shop.onrez.com/Ariadne_Korda
Didn't take photos apart from this one
- Didn't send group announcements about Venice (can't link to the place either but it will happen).
- Didn't add lighting to new marketplace in Venice.
- Didn't go SL shopping (this is, however, a good thing if I am to embark on a massively effective but no doubt expensive publicity campaign) (edited to add... it was stipend day this morning and there were these shoes....)
- And finally... didn't make stuff. Or sell anything. (Edited to add: this has not changed).
These pretty urn-vase-pot things are part of my pottery / ceramics collection, which are of course totally amazing and all about the texture. And of course I can't link to them (yet). And come to think of it I need some sort of 'line' name that is just a little more slick than urn-vase-pot things.
Today is another day, right? Just need to earn an RL living then must pick self up by scruff of neck and get on with this SL marketing thing.
Monday, 10 March 2008
Marketing, says daughter doing MBA. Marketing is important. Even if you are not a geek and much prefer fiddling around with pretty textures and engaging in Deep Philosophical Conversation (or, let's be honest, exchanging landmarks for shoes or hair).
So. The OnRez drop box. The battle over all the things you have to click on. We won't even go into the fact that SL photos are .bmp and OnRez wants .jpeg (see how these terms drip off my tongue?). And the photos: the decapitated ones, the 'oops forgot to rename' ones... But finally, that li'l lamp and that fountain up there materialised as 'for sale' along with a few other things.
Now of course wondering why the whole of SL hasn't stampeded to buy them. Right.
Next challenge is to find out how to insert links to a) the most amazing interior decoration place on SL (mine, of course) and b) the OnRez entry. All, of course, for my blog readership of one, because it would also be kinda useful to point to its existence. Mmhm.
Then of course there are the zillion other things to take photos of and get onto OnRez. Just that those textures in my inventory beckoning me back to my platform to go play. And the new chair concept, and the sounds I want to add to my fireplaces. And the apartments I still have to decorate (note to self: take photos of the 30 or so places I've done, and take photos, and make a press book and... yeah.
Marketing. Going to give it a whirl. Yep.
Friday, 7 March 2008
Terse, factual... nope
Fun... I hope so
A totally amazing marketing tool that will instantly make me rich and famous (in virtual terms)... You never know. OK, probably not
*Wanders off to take a photo of something I made (see 'rich and famous') above*