Tuesday 10 May 2011

More of a chuckle than a rant. Coincidences?

Funny how people do come up with similar ideas, isn't it? And yes, I'm serious. People really do.

Not quite so funny, maybe, when you see somebody who frequently comes up with very, very similar things to yours,  just after yours. 

Am I irritated?

Nope.

I am sort of amused and flattered, really. Of course it could be some weird coincidence. Things come into fashion so of course people recreate them with their own twist. A long white skirt is a long white skirt.  And updo is an updo. A swing is a swing. A sink is a sink. Cushions are cushions.

And of course people use the same or similar sculpt maps, for instance. Not arguing that.

But either this person's imagination is somehow locked into mine and is equally eclectic, or she's been subconsciously inspired. Uh-huh. Or she is just short of ideas.  Or, once again, sheer coincidence.

Her stuff* is nice, too (although not at Vent du Sud prices and really, texturing on sculpts is tricky, huh?).


Miaow.

It made me scratch my head a bit though, as you can see above (And I put this static, single colour swing above out as a hunt gift recently - couples and singles poses). Worth checking out Vent du Sud often as I like putting nice stuff out for hunts, even though the rest is only at 1L.

The moving version with colour change cushions is done (YAY, because swings should swing, no?) but I need to make a sign and a notecard to explain how to set it up and change the textures, etc. On sale soon at Vent du Sud for one little Linden. But it's up in the tree platform (NEW, need photos of it) if you feel like going for a quiet swing.

Just let me get my next trip over with**, unless some time falls into my lap tonight (it didn't... says she the morning after, still wondering if to post this).

But if you're dying to grab a bargain in the meanwhile, grab some multipose cushions or the smoothie set (still 1L per item and colour change fabrics) because I have to move some stuff out and get the new things in. Several versions of the cushions dotted around at Vent du Sud.

And now, back to the kitchen sink for me (this one made earlier this spring) which is a massive five Lindens but you get the soap, towels, jug, and basket inside the box (all copiable).

The tap drips (really, it drips!), and the bowl and splashback are colour change!! Go have a click! Put out big piles of towels! Pop a few baskets elsewhere! Tint them!

(Sorry about the rash of !!! but I rather like this sink )


 
(And unlike some things I have seen recently, it came from my own imagination, a couple of weeks before another bench sink with accessories appeared... somewhere).











(PS: I am working on some converted stables, but won't have it out for a bit, if, um, somebody needs to get ahead?)



*no, not naming names because one more time -  it could be coincidence. At a stretch.


**leaving at lunchtime until the wee small hours of Saturday. No idea about connections.

No comments: