Sunday 22 August 2010

Keyboard adventures and Yet Another Beach Hut and it's free, sort of

I don't really think it's worth saying 'sorry haven't blogged' after a couple of weeks' silence (well, unless my massive following of 8 need a rambling and bad photo fix really badly).

My laptop -  and main working tool  - died, see. No, this is not a plea to buy my stuff to help me replace it (unless you feel like buying about 6 million of my builds).

I was halfway through this (see below) when it happened.



Uh-huh. Yet another beach house: they seem to be all the rage in SL but I built this one for a friend who had a real one and sent me a photo of it. It's 19 prims plus 2 for the optional deck below. And sort of free this week at Vent du Sud - read on!

I should really box it and sell it with lots of breathless prose, right? (No blogging, little building = few sales and my Linden balance is almost as sick as my ex-Vaio). Not sure how much it should be but around 300L I think.

But breathless prose is hard for one particular reason: I have finally bitten the bullet and after decades (!) of touch typing on a Swiss (qwertz) keyboard have migrated to a French azerty one. Finding punctuation is a challenge. As for putting numbers UPPER CASE... ugh.


However, to celebrate a rather smart, sturdy and apart from the keyboard lovely machine (and to hell with the Linden balance), here's an idea. Or two. While I watch sunsets from said beach house and attempt to get my typing speed back.



Spend over 200L at Vent du Sud this coming week and I'll send over the beach house free - transaction history on a notecard please (to Ariadne Korda). Check it out  and have a dance by the water thanks to a strategically placed Intan.

Or you can have a tree haven (direct TP here) if you spend over 300L.

Also? Send me a note explaining why you need either one and one person (for each) will get one TOTALLY FREE. 

Amuse me. I could use it.

All notecards will be rewarded by something, I promise.

I really need to advertise the tree house properly too, in fact. Lots of fun stuff like retractable ladders and blinds etc. and normally 899L.

I will pop whichever in your inventory with a badly-typed hello.

You have NO IDEA how long this post is taking to do.  Look at the picture while I check for typos so far.



Fashion news? Due to circumstances, thin on the ground except I have FINALLY discovered hair from Fri.day but ask for indulgence as I can't find my store Slurls on this machine yet but you can find it - and this lovely shaggy do called Deena by typing Fri.day in search and probably not having to remember where the y or the . are to be found on your keyboard. ARGH.

What a sentence.

Off to watch sunrises for a change. May be back soon but I have to WORK on this machine on Monday. And it could be sloz. Er... slow.

No comments: