Monday, 11 July 2011
Ode to ice packs, travel, chili and security checks)
See, I sprained my ankle on the way OUT there, meaning it's been both a painful and net-deprived few days. (Note to self - look at ground when hopping on airport buses).
So this morning, with a confuzzled body clock and glorious technicolour left foot, I have been gazing at landscapes both virtual and real and...
I am so glad to be home.
Once I feel halfway human, I am looking forward to diving back into Vent du Sud and making stuff again (next long-haul trip is end October - phew). And catching up with 52 weeks of colour posts.
This post, however, is a brief RL - SL sort of post to say:
- I am still alive (although kicking could be painful)
- Ice packs are wonderful things.
- I could get used to copious amounts of rum (it mixes beautifully with painkillers, to the point I sailed through the jet lag that end)
- Go buy Enkythings amazing Talyna shoes at Vent du Sud (quick plug but ouchhhh the very THOUGHT of heels right now...)
- Oh, and great chili place at Miami airport but, um, CHILI followed by long plane journey...? (I had salad).
... and all things considered, I prefer both RL and SL France to hot tropical places that require endless treks through airports.
So see you soon at Vent du Sud.
(Where you don't even need a security check to discover the place).